Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just Joan just in Hawaii! Alooooooha!!!





Blessings come in many different ways! One of the most recent in my life was being able to spend a week in Hawaii relaxing, getting in touch with my roots, and doing family history and temple work! I was able to stay with a dear friend, Lani Gilbreath, who is gracious, sweet, and selfless! What a week! I will never forget the overwhelming feelings of love and service as I was able to link some of my generations of family together and do work for them - work that they couldn't do for themselves!

I was also able to visit my old stomping grounds: BYU Hawaii and the Polynesian Cultural Center! What feelings of nostalgia, as I looked back and reminisced about my time as a student there and working at PCC so I could learn about my Hawaiian heritage! I really believe that our connections with those who have gone before us is much stronger than we can ever understand! I have truly felt the Spirit of Elijah this past week and am so grateful that I listened and followed those promptings to go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2nd Grade Class!

My 2nd Grade Class!
The best class of all!